Monday, January 14, 2013

Dark Chocolate Matcha Energy Cookies


These satisfy a sweet tooth without the processed sugar, boost your energy with all natural Matcha, and fill your belly with fiber.

But don't let that fool you...they're delicious! I threw them together on a whim and they're so good I wanted to share!

According to my knowledge these are gluten free, and if its from me you know it's vegan :)

Oven: 375. Prep 10 min max, bake 10 min.

2 tbsp Ener-G egg replacer
3 tsp Matcha (good quality- I use SaeMee Tea brand)
1/2 c warm water
1/4 c Rice Bran
1 Tbsp Organic raw coconut oil
2 Tbsp Ground flax
1/2 c Date sugar
3c Organic rolled oats
1 Tsp Baking powder
4 Tsp Maple syrup (you could use agave or honey)
2 Stevia pkt
1c Semi Sweet vegan chocolate chips (Kirkland brand, nestle toll house, 360)

Mix the first 7 ingredients together. when incorporated add the rest. Easy or what?! I put the maple syrup and stevia at the end so you can taste to see if you'd like less. If your mix is too dry, just add a little extra water. For me this varies on brands of oats.

I rolled these in my palms into balls.

Bake 10 min. Gently flatten with spatula before transfer to cooling rack.

Makes 17 cookies

Nutrition: 98 cal, 8 sugar, 2.7 fiber, 2.2 protein, 4.2 fat.

Have fun kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment